- This innovative and highly creative series of workshops will be held at various locations in England & Wales where ‘Fine Art’ imagery will be created with the expert supervision and guidance of internationally acclaimed Photographic Artist and Trainer, Martin Grahame-Dunn. In essence, literary themed and costumed environmental portraiture where the mastery of light emulating painterly techniques, highly refined posing and beautiful composition will be developed.
- “I will instruct you how to develop a theme, see and use natural light, control it and create powerful images that will be transformed from your camera, into stunning pieces photographic Fine Art.” You will find yourself indulging in the art and craft of posing your subjects, in various locations, to not only complement your subject but to tell a particular story of classical themes, chivalry and romance so captivated by the artists of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood.
- These workshops will have a significant impact not only on those who simply love photography and want to explore their creative side, but for all levels of photographers and Fine Artists, from enthusiasts, amateurs as well as practicing Wedding & Portrait photographers wishing to push their boundaries and develop romantic themes as art pieces to stun their clients.
What you will learn
What you will need
- How to use natural light and shade to create stunning images.
- How to select backgrounds and environments to bring interest, emotion and drama into your photographic artworks.
- How to find flattering and interesting perspectives through the art and science of physiognomy.
- Which lens(es) to choose and why.
- Effective techniques to create a rapport with your subjects.
- How to use the workshop to create a unique portrait experience in your day to day work and look to compliment each subject’s personality and style.
- How to use wardrobe and posing to bring out the drama and personality of your subjects with literary themes.
- How to create ‘Photographic Art’ using creative processing techniques.
- A DSLR with a full battery and empty memory card and a good understanding of how to use your cameras manual settings.
- A laptop to download and edit your images
- Any lenses or accessories you want to use.
- A handheld reflector or Gobo if you have one.
Each day will encompass briefings, themes to inspire the images, shooting sessions, creative retouching and presentation as well as a wind up group session to discuss the day. It will also include lunches and refreshments.
Bookings are being taken now with a £100 deposit per person. Contact Martin at email@example.com to secure your place.
- WHEN – weekdays in Spring, Summer and Autumn 2020 from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM each day with optional dinner after the workshop (at extra cost)
- WHERE – Stunning locations in Warwickshire, Pembrokeshire and one other to be confirmed.
- NUMBER OF MODELS ON EACH WORKSHOP – 2
- NUMBER OF WORKSHOP PLACES – 6
- WORKSHOP PLACE – £200.00