- Historic Guys Cliffe House in Warwick 19th to the 21st August 2022 will be the venue for an amazing ‘Alternative Processes Weekend’ hosted by Ray Spence FRPS who has for many years been playing with the Wet Collodion method and producing images that have graced exhibitions in the UK. At the time of writing this page there are still a few places left. To be clear, Ray is not instructing, rather gathering an enthusiastic group of image makers to enjoy the fun, fellowship and creativity that events of this kind generate. For further information or to book your place on this please contact Ray at:- email@example.com
- So, what is my part to play? Well, apart from putting on a memorable BBQ on the Saturday night and Bacon & Sausage Rolls on the Sunday morning, it is my intention to offer just 6 places for digital photographers to get to grips with the Art of the Craft. Essentially, an innovative and highly creative ‘hands on’ workshop where ‘Fine Art’ imagery would be created under my personal expert supervision and guidance. In essence, literary themed and costumed environmental portraiture where the mastery of light emulating painterly techniques, highly refined posing and beautiful composition would be developed.
- “I will instruct you how to develop a theme, see and use natural light, control it and create powerful images that will be transformed from your camera, into stunning pieces photographic Fine Art. You will find yourself indulging in the art and craft of posing your subjects, in various locations, to not only complement your subject but to tell a particular story of classical themes, chivalry and romance so captivated by the artists of the Renaissance and Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood.”
- This ‘workshop’ will have a significant impact not only on those who simply love photography and want to explore their creative side, but for all levels of photographers and Fine Artists, from enthusiasts, amateurs and maybe practicing Wedding & Portrait photographers wishing to push their boundaries and develop romantic themes as art pieces to stun their clients.
- This workshop will consist of briefings, themes to inspire the images, shooting sessions and the opportunity to retouch your images in a “break out” room. Later in the day or on the following day you’ll be able to discuss your images with me on a one to one basis. During the BBQ, you’ll be able to join the social side of chatting to like minded creatives. As an added benefit, my fiends at ‘Permajet’ will be on site with a printer and my selection of their fantastic Fine Art papers. In the first instance and to commit to this one of a kind workshop, a deposit of £75 will secure your place with the balance on or before 31st July 2022. You may, if you wish, pay the balance in instalments to suit your pocket.
This workshop will consist of briefings, themes to inspire the images, shooting sessions and the opport
What I will help you to learn…
- How to use natural light and shade to create stunning images.
- How to select backgrounds and environments to bring interest, emotion and drama into your photographic artworks.
- How to find flattering and interesting perspectives through the art and science of physiognomy.
- Which lens(es) to choose and why.
- Effective techniques to create a rapport with your subjects.
- How to use the workshop to create a unique portrait experience in your day to day work and look to compliment each subject’s personality and style.
- How to use wardrobe and posing to bring out the drama and personality of your subjects with literary themes.
- How to create ‘Photographic Art’ using creative processing techniques.
What you will need
- A DSLR with a full battery and empty memory card and a good understanding of how to use your cameras manual settings.
- A laptop to download and edit your images
- Any lenses or accessories you want to use.
- A handheld reflector (if you have one.)
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about a place.
- WHEN – 20th August from 10:00 to 17:30 (evening BBQ to follow from 18.30 and included) and 21st August from 10am – 13.00pm (Bacon or Sausage Rolls at 09.00 included too!)
- WHERE – Guys Cliffe House in Warwickshire
- NUMBER OF MODELS ON EACH WORKSHOP – 3
- NUMBER OF WORKSHOP PLACES – 6
- WORKSHOP PLACE – £199.00